Rebecca Clift, Department of Language and Linguistics, University of Essex (UK).
- Since 2007 – Senior Lecturer, Department of Language and Linguistics, University of Essex.
- 2016-20 – Visiting Research Fellow, School of English, Music and Humanities, University of Huddersfield.
- I was awarded a place on the highly competitive and intensive six-week Practicum in Conversation Analysis, taught by Professors Emanuel A. Schegloff, John Heritage, Gene Lerner and Don Zimmerman, at the University of California, Santa Barbara, during the Linguistics Institute, 2001.
- I undertook further research training in Conversation Analysis as a Visiting Research Fellow at UCLA in 2002.
Previous departmental administrative roles
- Assistant Director of Research Students (2017-2020)
- Director of Postgraduate Education (2012-2017)
- Departmental Steering Group (2012-2017)
- Academic Offences officer, Department of Language and Linguistics (2015-2016)
- Member, Undergraduate Assessment Committee (from 2010-2015)
- Member, Research Strategy Group (from 2007-2012)
- Co-ordinator, Postgraduate Taught Courses (from January 2003-2007)
- Member, Departmental Advising Team (from 1997 onwards)
- Member, Postgraduate Staff-Student Liaison Committee (1996-2002; 2012 onwards)
- Member, appointments committee for academic posts in Syntax (2017), French (2017), Phonology (2017), Sociolinguistics (2017), Applied Linguistics (2003), Second Language Acquisition (2003) and English Linguistics (1999); and for administrative positions (2007, 2013, 2014)
- Member, Departmental Equipment Committee (1999-2002)
- Member, Departmental IT Strategy Committee (1997-1998)
Directorship of degree courses
- Director, BA English Language and Linguistics (from 2017)
- Director, BA Linguistics (from 2017-2019)
- Director, MA English Language and Linguistics (from 2016-2019)
- Director, BA English Language and Literature (from 2014-2017)
- Director, MA English Language and Literature (2014-2015)
- Director, MA in Sociolinguistics (1997-8, 2001-2 Autumn/Summer, 2002-4)
- Co-director, MA in Sociolinguistics (1996-7, 1998-9)
- International Society for Conversation Analysis (ISCA)
- Linguistic Society of America (LSA)
- International Pragmatics Association (IPra)